Problem: Traditional blanking system
• Requires installation of “blind” on the outside of the sea chest grid.
• In-Water operation using divers or ROV’s.
• Requires planning.
• Involves risk and high cost.
• Time-consuming and often leads to downtime of vessel.
• Damage to equipment (ROV & vessel).
Solution: Integrated Remote Closure of Sea chest
• No In-Water operation but hydraulically and manually operated from on board.
• Rough and simple construction.
• Low price.
• Pre-manufactured “box unit”.
• Easy installation.
• For new buildings or modification of existing vessels.
• Will be type approved by class.
• 4 standard sizes or custom design.
• Efficient cleaning of grid and inlet.